Kaffee Klatch

Little of this, little of that...from an avid coffee lover and wanna-be world traveler.

Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Would knit all day if my fanny and my hubby didn't get so sore.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Giornali Milano Part Duo

April 12 (Cont'd)
After about 20 exhausting hours of travel, the train arrived at my not quite final destination. Ted was working in a plant just outside the small town of Voghera and would pick me up. As expected, my cell phone didn't work over there, so voila, I'll use a pay phone! But how to use one? I hoped if I dialed a number, it would tell me how much money to insert (in Italian of course). When that didn't work, I asked the newstand man how to use the phone. ha ha! He shrugged as if to say either "I don't know" or "I can't believe you're that stupid".

So I bought a Coke (no diet anywhere so far) and threw myself on a bench. Once the caffeine kicked in I figured the phone thing out and hitched a ride with the hubby in his sexy little rented Ford station wagon and we were off to the hotel in Salice Terme, a hot spring resort town.


The Hotel Milano is where all the Cameron folks stay when visiting the plant, so we met quite a few people during our stay. The staff is wonderfully friendly and helpful, and speak excellent English. Had a close encounter with the bed while Ted went back to work. Then I woke in time to share a glass of vino and a fantastic 4 course dinner at the hotel, topped off by a semifreddo with two spoons.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home